Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Kitchen Savvy.

....or so I wish to become....one day....in a kitchen such as this one (I can always dream..)


So, I have gathered some interesting kitchem tips that are interesting and helpful to know about.  In fact, I was fascinated by most of these things.  For some of you...you foodies/kitchen extraordinaires..this may be old information.

I was recently going through Rachael Ray's magazine and came across "30 tips that'll make your life easier".  I think I may laminate this page and put it on my refrigerator.  I apologize for the sizing of the scanned page.  I could not figure out a way to make it fit to scale on this page yet still be able to read the words.
  To be able to read the words:
1) Click the picture and a new window will open
2) click the picture again in the new window to zoom in



I'm not sure how effective it would be to keep the dry ingredients fresh in these drawers, but isn't this a neat concept?



I don't cook that much, but I have cooked enough to remember how much it bugs me to find the brown sugar in clumps....well, apparently there is a way to prevent this from happening :  drop a 3-inch citrus peel into the bag.  Cool!


Make more use of those wonderful citrus fruits:  use lemon as a cutting board cleaner. Slice a lemon in half and squeeze onto the soiled surface, rub, and let it sit for 20 minutes before rinsing.



....And I just had to post this beautiful display of food.  To me, this would be the perfect meal and I could eat this every day (minus the bleu cheese).




..Since I was on the topic of citrus fruits above, you can never go wrong with Meyer Lemons....Meyer Bars??! These look absolutely scrumptious! ...and beautiful too. This could have been tagged onto my "sunshine" blog too...

No comments:

Post a Comment