Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Let the Sun Shine In

Source: via Cheryl on Pinterest


What are my most uplifting/positive/happy thoughts and reflections of today? If you'd like to know, see below...enjoy!

This is applicable in so many other areas of life than just running, so this does not only apply to runners....



Come to think of it, this is one reason I love to run...running reiterates this very message to me each time.

Oh, and on the subject of running, and especially of running in the 'outdoors', this is another reason I run.....



Did I mention I miss the mountains?....



....and why do I miss them?  One of the most beautiful explanations I have heard is by John Muir:

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." 


However, life moves on and constant adventures await...I am and hope to always be in motion (forward motion)...because, if not, I may lose my balance...


On another note:

God brings friends into our lives to 'help [our] being'...and of course, to help 'theirs' as well....when this is balanced, we have found a true friend.

Source: etsy.com via Jacquelyn on Pinterest

Cherish the friends that not only help your being, but also, that never leave your side.






In life, there are always going to be hard times.......but, one of the most difficult yet rewarding lessons to learn is that our Attitude triumphs, and THAT, we DO have control over...


Source: highheelsandddp.blogspot.com via Jacquelyn on Pinterest
This is all so important to realize for this very reason.....







As you learn from the above, you realize that you have to...
Source: via Jacquelyn on Pinterest





And....























And finally, below is one of the most beautiful pieces of music I have heard....from the movie The Mission, Ennio Morricone.


Source: vimeo.com via Carol on Pinterest










No comments:

Post a Comment