Thursday, July 26, 2012

I Want to Be a Traveler, Not a Tourist.

These are just a few of the many places I would like to visit as a 'traveler', not a tourist :)  This post may be continued into a few more posts, as I have much to say on this subject.




First of all.......Cuba........I must visit one day, preferably sooner than later.  Why?....well, because:

"I Feel Cuba" - beautifully and perfectly said by Andy...























...and, the 'Cuban' in me craves to be in the place in which half of my roots come from...

Source: google.com via Bethany on Pinterest








Ooh the beaches in Cuba...






Source: colby.edu via Jenia on Pinterest



And I cannot forget the food....although, my Mom makes some of the best Cuban food right here in TX.

Platanos Maduros..






Yucca con mojo..















Source:icuban.com via Kristin on Pinterest



 Vaca Frita con Arroz y Frijoles Negros...

Source: google.com via Shannon on Pinterest















Italia....

Florence (or rather, Firenze) is one of my favorite cities in Italy...the culture, beauty, gelato, and pasta...que bella!
 
Source: goo.gl via Celinda on Pinterest

(the beautiful River Arno)


Source: travelvivi.com via Mari on Pinterest

(Il Duomo)




One year I was there, it was around the season of 'fried' zucchini (Courgette) flowers...yum!

Source: google.ca via Stephanie on Pinterest


The Bistecca (steak) alla Fiorentina is a classic...especially when served topped with a bed of Arugula (Rucola)..


Veal Saltimboca with roasted potatoes...Saltimboca means 'jumps in the mouth' in Italian....this is veal wrapped in prosciutto.


...and must I say homemade pasta?


The markets in Firenze are unbelievable...full of fresh produce..I think the Italians go to the market most days of the week (such as, on their way home from work) to bring home fresh ingredients to cook with...wow..



And I must say that everyone dresses to a 'T' (I never see tennis shoes and t-shirts)


How can I fail to mention gelato?....that is all I have to say about that.



The lovely Cinque Terre...this treasure is 18-kilometers long and stretches along the coast of Northwest Italy between Levanto and La Spezia. It comprises 5 villages - Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggiore.  Many people will spend a few days and hike from village to village, staying in a couple along the way...
Numerous villagers have rooms to rent (look for signs that say Affittacamere if you are more adventurous and want to be spontaneous)


Photobucket





















Below is a picture of Manarola..

Photobucket

















After hiking from one to another village each day, one of the best things to do is find a little restaurant that serves seafood.  This is the freshest seafood I have ever had in my life. Photobucket


And yes, I even loved the sardines and anchovies. Photobucket Photobucket

Below is one of the villages, Vernazza....
Photobucket
















This path is called 'Via dell Amore' (Love's Way) - the path that joins Riomaggiore and Manarola.

  Photobucket


Wow, I still have more places to write about....coming soon...

I hope you all have a happy Friday.



















1 comment:

  1. Selamat datang di Bolavita Situs taruhan online
    judi sabung ayam
    Daftarkan diri anda dan teman anda bersama BOLAVITA

    Info Lebih Lanjut Bisa Hub kami Di :
    whatup : 08122222995

    ReplyDelete