Saturday, April 2, 2011

A few things I'm thankful for.....

1. Family and Friendship....

I'm truly blessed to have these people in my life and am forever thankful for all of them...I can't think of anything better than spending time with people I love and care about...

" In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out.  It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being.  We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit" - Albert Schweitzer

I am thankful that I have friends that will agree, BUT also, will disagree with me when necessary...

“I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does much better" - Plutarch
I have decided...there will FOREVER be room for 'girl time' with friends, no matter what my future brings (marriage, kids, etc...)




(...by the way, I like the yellow swimsuit and hat on the right!)

I have posted this before and felt it needed reposting...I just think this is great, and so true.


"The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch swing with, never say a word, then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation that you ever had"
...now this is cuteness.....

Source: imgfave.com via Kara on Pinterest


2.  Lazy days...


Source: tumblr.com via Katie on Pinterest


Speaking of...today has been ONE.LAZY.DAY....and I am thankful for it.  There is a part of me that feels guilty I did not get much done, BUT, I enjoyed it... I saw this quote and it made me feel 100x better.



...so all of you that are Type 'A' and must do SOMETHING, remember this quote.  I'm not saying every day should be this way, but allow yourself the opportunity every once in a while.  Am I talking to myself?? :)

“BE STILL:  Be stiller yet; and listen.  Set the screen
Of silence at the portal of your will.
Relax, and let the world go by unheard.
And seal your lips with some all-sacred word." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

3.  Running....

There is something about running that releases me from everyday worries.  It really is 'magic' for me....fascinating...my medicine...my 'happy' pill.....my time for prayer/meditation...the list goes on.....and perhaps 99% is because of this:




I must be thankful that I can run today, because you never know what tomorrow brings:



yep:



"I always loved running...it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs." - Jesse Owens

haha....very true:
"Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane!"
Learn to run when feeling the pain: then push harder.

I cannot wait to take advantage of the trail running in Colorado next year..what a release it will give me from the hours I will be spending in the hospital.



4. Music...

This will have to be a post in itself...working on this one.


5. Nature...
6. Good food...
7. Fashion...

....will post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment